Make decisions right for you, when you are ready to make them. Do not feel pressured to do anything you are not comfortable doing such as calling the police or, in the case of domestic sexual assault, going back home.
We feel it is important for you to know:
- You are not responsible for someone else's abusive actions.
- What happened to you is not okay.
- Feelings of embarrassment, guilt, fear, anger, self-blame, numbness, and mistrust are all normal reactions. We are here to help.
- It's important to seek medical attention if you need it.
- Collection of forensic evidence (a "rape kit") can be frozen to give you more time to decide what to do. Find out more.
- You do not have to involve the police.
- You have choices, and the right to make those choices yourself.
- You have the right to get the help and support you need.
- You are not alone.
Women's Survivor Group
This is a six-week psychoeducational/support group for women who have experienced any form of sexual violence.
For more information, please call 345-0894.
If you're looking to make a profound difference in people's lives, we may have a place for you.